Work at Mountain Park
Current opening: Office Administrator for Mountain Park Community Church
Mountain Park Community Church is looking for a gifted individual who will support the mission of the church through overseeing all administrative functions. This will include overseeing office systems, performing support tasks, and managing the front reception space. As well, this individual will be responsible for the leading and development of the administrative health of the church.
Job Title: Office Administrator
Reports To: Lead Pastor
- Oversee the reception space, including answering phone and greeting all visitors
- Monitor and respond to general correspondence (e.g. email, letters, packages)
- Manage the office equipment such as printers, photocopiers, and fax machines. This will include monthly reporting, keeping supplies on hand, and troubleshootig issues
- Manage office supplies and suppliers
- Prepare and submit various reports on a regular and as needed basis
- Oversee the receiving and distributing of specific prayer requests to appropriate groups
- Provide general office support to pastors and ministry leaders
- Oversee intake process for pastoral care including general counseling, financial assistance, and crisis care
- Prepare and print weekly bulletin
- Prepare, edit and circulate weekly All Church Email
- Manage and update website weekly
- Support large events including planning, registration, and on-site coordination
Qualifications, experience and educational requirements:
- Related post-secondary education
- 3+ years experience in administrative roles with increasing responsibility
- Proficient in email software such as MailChimp or Constant Contact
- Creativity and technical ability to create graphics for social media and desktop publishing purposes
- Familiarity with website management tools such as WordPress or similar
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative products (Acrobat DC, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) is desired
- Event planning and management experience, including software for registrations
- Working knowledge of scheduling, spreadsheet, and presentation software, including Google Apps and GSuite
- English oral and written communication ability including strong editing skills
- Highly organized, attentive to detail and flexible
- Excellent time management skills, self-directed working with limited supervision
- Able to provide servant-hearted leadership and delegation to a team
- Competent in Internet-based research skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality regarding staff and congregation
Works closely with children’s, youth and worship staff. Works with facilities teams and contacts, ministry leaders, congregants, and general public.
Typical work week:
This role is a 25-30 hour a week position. Tuesday to Friday from 9:00am -3:00pm, 3 hours on Sundays.
Must be willing to sign and adhere to the Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct set out by the BC Mennonite Brethren Conference.
Please send resume with cover letter and 3 references to Dr. Mike Sherbino
The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.